Salads are a great lunch option, but sometimes it may be difficult due to the time it takes to chop the produce and prepare the dressing. Look no further! The mason jar salad below is the perfect grab’n’go option!
Makes 2 salads
1 carrot, thinly sliced or shredded
1 cup quinoa, cooked
1 sweet potato, roasted
2 handfuls of the lettuce of your choice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp coarse salt
¾ cup tahini paste
2 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ cup warm water
2 tsp chopped parsley
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients into food processor and blend until desired consistency. Depending on your preference, you may add more water or lemon juice to thin it out.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions. Let cool completely.
- Cube the sweet potatoes, toss in olive oil and salt + pepper. Roast the sweet potatoes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Once ingredients are prepped and cooled, layer the salad in the jar.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Recipe Inspired by Topwithcinnamon.com