2 slices whole wheat bread
½ small shallot, thinly sliced
1 tsp olive oil
3 medium strawberries, chopped
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 handful of arugula leaves
¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
2-3 ounces shredded beef roast
- Over low-medium heat, bring strawberries and balsamic vinegar to a simmer. Let simmer for 5 minutes until thick.
- In separate small sauce-pan, combine olive oil and shallot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and sauté until shallots begin to brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Spread both sides of bread with goat cheese and balsamic reduction.
- Add arugula, caramelized shallots, and roast.
- In same pan that you caramelized the shallots, grill the sandwich until brown and buttery on both sides.
- Slice sandwich in half and enjoy!