Ingredients for Hoagie:
2-3 ounces cooked beef-roast
1 ounce sliced provolone cheese (can use swiss)
Handful Pickled Onions
2 tablespoons Herbed Crème Sauce
Instructions for Hoagie:
- Spread both sides of baguette/hoagie with herbed crème sauce.
- Top with cheese, roast, pickled-onions and more crème sauce if desired.
- Enjoy immediately.
Ingredients for Pickled Onions:
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
125 ml white vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Instructions for Pickled Onions:
- Combine all ingredients in Tupperware container, and stir well. Let sit in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to emerge.
- Drain excess liquid.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for 1 week.
Ingredients for Herbed Crème Sauce:
1 tablespoon horseradish
4 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped herbs (I used rosemary, sage and thyme.)
- Combine all ingredients, stir well, and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Recipe inspired by simply-delicious-food.com