Summer is a great time to smoke a brisket for family and friends. Here is an everyday summertime brisket recipe.
Validity staff writer Justin Crawford cooked this on a clear night in June.
Total prep time: 39 hours
Ingredients for the rub:
2 tablespoons coffee grounds
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
4 teaspoons paprika
4 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons black pepper
1. 24 hours before cook time, season the brisket with the rub.
2. Smoke for four hours then turn the temperature on the smoker up to 250 degrees. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees and remove the brisket from the smoker.
3. Preheat the kitchen oven to 250 degrees. Wrap the brisket in aluminum foil and cook until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
4. Remove the brisket from the oven and leave it outside the oven in the aluminum foil for 30 minutes.
5. Wrap the aluminum covered brisket in a towel and place in a cooler (with no ice) for two hours.
6. Slice and enjoy!