Makes 12 servings
2 cups of oat flour*
8 dates, pitted
1/2 cup of water
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup chia seeds
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (for color!)
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
*Make it yourself by pulsing whole oats in a blender, coffee grinder or food processor until the consistency of flour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa and chia seeds in a large bowl and set aside.
- Pour boiling water on top of the dates to soften or place dates & water in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Add softened dates and hot water to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Add banana, beaten eggs, maple syrup, almond milk and coconut oil and continue to blend until well incorporated. Add wet ingredients to the the dry, a little at a time as you mix. Next, add the yogurt, but don’t over mix.
- Pour batter into pre-sprayed muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes depending on size (we used standard size muffin molds). If you like, sprinkle additional chia seeds on top before baking. These babies will rise a good amount, so pour about 1/2 an inch from the top.
- Once cooled, keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Recipe from toneitup.com.