2 ciabatta rolls
1 ½ cups fresh endive, roughly chopped
2 slices of thick-cut bacon (if preferring vegetarian, simply omit)
½ small shallot, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
2 large eggs
2. Cook bacon, and with slotted spoon, place on napkin-lined plate and set aside.
3. Using grease from bacon (or 1 tablespoon butter if omitting bacon), sauté shallots until soft and translucent. Remove from heat and immediately add Dijon mustard and vinegar to shallots, whisking until thoroughly combined.
4. Add shallot vinaigrette to bowl of endive until endive is well-coated with sauce.
5. Evenly spoon endive mixture onto one half of each ciabatta roll, top with bacon slices and sprinkle with blue cheese.
6. Heat butter in pan, and fry each egg to one’s liking.
7. Place fried egg on each ciabatta roll, sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with the other half of the roll. Enjoy!
Recipe originally published in the February 2014 issue of Validity. Source: smittenkitchen.com.