1 sleeve of graham crackers
¼ cup melted butter
Coconut meat from 1 large young coconut
¼ to ½ cup coconut water
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup agave (can use regular sugar)
2 peeled limes
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice open coconut into two halves (careful!), and bake for 15 minutes. This softens the coconut meat, and pulls the meat away from the shell, making it easier to extract. Let cool completely, then retrieve the meat with a grapefruit spoon or knife (again, careful!).
2. In a blender or food processor, combine graham crackers and melted butter and mix until fine. Rinse blender with water.
3. Press crust into individual cupcake wrappers in a muffin tin.
4. Now, combine all ingredients for the cream filling into blender, and process until smooth and creamy. If too thick, add more coconut water.
5. Spoon cream filling into cupcake wrappers on top of graham crust. Place muffin tin in freezer for 2 hours. Remove from freezer and remove bites from pan. Place in sealed container, and store in fridge.
Recipe written by Katie Hayes and originally published in the April 2014 issue of Validity.