½ cup natural peanut butter
½ cup hoisin sauce (found in oriental section)
1/3 cup hot water
½ tsp sriracha hot sauce
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb frozen stir fry vegetables
8 oz. Soba noodles (Japanese Buckwheat Noodles)
2 sliced Green onions (optional)
- Prepare the sauce first. Peel and grate one inch of ginger into a bowl. Add the peanut butter, hoisin sauce and sriracha hot sauce, and 1/3 cup of hot water. Stir or whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare a very large skillet or wok with 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil. Add ginger and garlic to oil, and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the bag of frozen vegetables and cook until heated through, but not overdone.
- While vegetables are cooking, bring cook soba noodles according to package directions.
- Combine noodles, vegetables and sauce, coating well. Garnish with green onions.
Recipe source: Budget Bytes. Recipe article written by Katie Hayes Taylor and originally featured in the November 2013 issue of Validity.