Davis House Child Advocacy Center is taking a stand against child abuse, insisting that it will not be allowed in our backyards. That’s what #nimby means: Not In My Back Yard.
The #nimby Challenge is simple: over a seven day period, share these five messages with your followers on Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media site you use.
1. 1 in 10 children will be sexually abused by their 18th birthday. #nimby
2. Only 12% of abuse cases will be reported. Have the courage to report. #nimby
3. #nimby @davishousecac provides hope for hundreds of child abuse victims each year.
4. The average lifetime cost of post-abuse care for a single life is $210,012. #nimby
5. Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic & cultural lines, within all religions & at all levels of education. #nimby
Are you up to the challenge?
Davis House provides a safe haven for children who have suffered abuse and serves children and their families within the counties of Williamson, Hickman, Lewis and Perry. The services supplied by Davis House are given at no cost to the children or families, as the advocacy center is a 501c3 not-for-profit charity.
Davis House aid includes forensic interviews, case management, victim advocacy, counseling, support groups, court support and victim court orientation to victims and their non-offending family members or caregivers. To learn more, visit www.davishousecac.org or follow them on Twitter or Facebook.
Hear Great Music for an Awesome Cause at Validity Concert Series
On April 11, the second Validity Concert Series to benefit Davis House will be held in Hohenwald, Tennessee at the Strand Theater. The musical lineup will include the Redhead Express, Mike Webb and independent songwriter Amanda Rose.
The Validity Concert Series is a night to benefit the Davis House. Last year’s show raised over $14,000 of donations to benefit the Hohenwald location of the child advocacy center. To learn more about attending or sponsoring the Validity Concert Series, please call Becky Newbold at 931-628-6038.
To receive updates on the Validity Concert Series, follow Validity Magazine on Twitter or Facebook.